A couple of weeks ago, my colleague and friend Joseph Ranseth (who teaches people how to create movements) asked our Mastermind Group what the positives were about social isolation. What had we noticed?
While this may sound like a bizarre question, it was a very good one.
My positives included:
- My parents are now both on What’s App.
- I am more present and have more time to spend with my daughter.
- I’m meditating and remembering my spirit more.
- And, perhaps I’ll also have time to do some of the things I’ve been meaning to do for my business.
- Oh and there are bunnies in the courtyard! 🙂
Heading off fear…
It was a great exercise!
It’s easy to focus on the negatives. I think in fact that our brains are more likely to go to the negative than the positive (it’s an evolution/survival thing I believe).
And I have certainly noticed much more clearly in these last weeks how fear takes me out of presence and down the rabbit hole.
It’s not productive, and it’s not helpful. But it sure is easy.
How about you?
So my questions for you for this week are as follows:
– What’s been good for you in this time of upheaval.
– What are the silver linings on your cloud?
– And what happens for you when you slip into fear?
(c) Annemarie Shrouder 2020